Roast duck is simple to make, if you know the process perfectly. This is because you cook it with the bone and the flavor is high. In fact, using the rich juices, you can prepare wonderful gravy.
A quick roasted duck recipe offers crisp skin, but be prepared to find fat in excess at the pan bottom after the bird is done with roasting. You can store it in a fridge and can use the pan to roast potatoes next time and enjoy a flavorsome food.
A 15 minutes preparation time is required actually for this ingredient to get roasted. In fact, this is the quickest option and makes the best food with family on a Sunday. The only thing required is proper time to roast the duck. Ensure to set on the weekend few hours and make this quick roasted duck recipe.
If you wish to finish soon, you can prepare other ingredients by the time the duck is getting roasted or even put your feet and relax, while the duck is in the oven. Above all, serve your duck keeping all the sides crispy roasted for a feast and it should be roasted as potatoes.
- 1 Whole Duck, It may be approximately 2 To 2.2kg or (41/2 To 5lb)
- Pierce the duck skin all over using a clean skewer. Place in the kitchen sink on a rack, and now pour boiling water more than 2 full kettles on the duck skin.
- Gently, pat it dry using a kitchen towel and allow it to dry in the fridge on a plate for an hour. Doing this allows the duck to release the fat subcutaneous layer that is under the skin. Then it gives you a crispy duck and not a fatty duck.
- Preheat to 200 C, 400 F, 180 C fan, in the oven. Place on a rack the duck or support it on a deep roasting tin, so that it releases fat inside the tin to around 300g (10oz).
- Include sea salt in plenty and roast it for 90 minutes. Once the fat is strained off, keep it to roast.
Remember; do not carve a roast duck. Remove the legs, take off the bone the whole breasts and ease your knife to slice the breast. Thus, you get tender meat for four good servings and all this without fattiness.